Officials in Nigeria say security forces foiled another attempt to kidnap students during an overnight attack on Sunday in a school in Kaduna State.
Thirty-nine students are still missing following a raid on a college in the same state on Thursday.
An official in the Kaduna State government said thanks to swift intervention by the police and soldiers, the gunmen had been unable to seize any students from the secondary school on the outskirts of Ikara town.
“Between the late hours of Saturday night and the early hours of today (Sunday), suspected bandits stormed the Government Science Secondary School, Ikara… in an attempt to kidnap students,” Samuel Aruwan, the state home affairs and security, commissioner, was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.
Mr Aruwan said all the 307 students of the school were safe.
The Nigerian government has come under strong criticism following five mass abductions from schools in recent months.
The authorities have not commented on videos that the gunmen have shared using the social media accounts of students kidnapped on Thursday.